Friday, February 03, 2006

Feb 2006 ~ Week 11

wed - Off to meet and greet the obstetrician tomorrow at12. We also just found out that the Mater do 3D scanning. I’m not sure if that’s for my first one next week as well. We’ll have to wait and see. It’s great news though - starting to get a little excited and trying not get too excited at the same time - just incase something happens before week 20 - then we’re out of the danger period.

thur - We just went to the Obstetrician. Was a really great experience and I feel happy to have Dr Keeping as my OB. We had a chat and then he said - ‘do you want to see it?’ We weren’t expecting to see the embryo (what you call the baby in the first trimester). And boy was it very active! A sure sign that Shaun is the father. waving it’s hand about and kicking it’s little legs - was just an amazing thing to watch on the screen. I was gobsmacked while shaun was asking 20 questions - ‘what’s that over there’, ‘how much room does it have’, ‘is that it’s heart beating’, ‘how big is it now’ (etc...) while I was there in a daze and quite proudly staring at the screen of life.

Afterwards he just said not to listen to anyone’s good advice as they will be lining up as soon as they hear you are pregnant. And I can play golf still for a little while as there is still a truckload of fluid and padding around the little one. So.. we have decided that tonight is the night we tell the parents and close family. Next tuesday we tell everyone else!!!!

No comments: