Friday, March 02, 2007

7 months

Xander is doing well. The strawberry birthmark is gradually growing, but not yet a concern. He's been doing very well without the aid of the dummy too. Quite a champ. Shaun's parent's come up this coming Thursday for a week, we're still madly trying to unpack everything back into the other rooms. I had some blood work done a few days ago to see why I have been feeling quite flat the past 3 weeks. I thought it could have been my thyroid or low iron, but it turns out I have mild Post Natal Depression. I don't suffer from any of the 'anxious' or 'frustration' symptoms, I just feel rather blank, like my 'self' is on holiday from my body. I have been talking about it allot to friends, and this has helped tremendously. I'm avoiding medication as I'm breastfeeding and believe there are other avenues to explore to lift my mood, like streaking at the cricket or busking at my local shopping centre...

No comments: