"Nursery Crimes"... That's what Shaun and I have been singing lately. Do you think that between the two of us that we can remember how the nursery rhymes go? No. It also seems that we conflict over a couple of them as Victorians sang some of the words/lines a little different to us Queenslanders. So when @ the shopping centre on the weekend, Shaun purchased a mini book set of some of the more popular ones. To his amazement when he took the wrapping off at home & flicked through, they were also different to what we both knew. I'm sure down the track when Xander comes back from childcare they will have some real dooseys that will puzzle the heck out of us. So I think we'll just continue to fill in the mystery lines with "la-la-la-de-dah" until Xander can set us straight in a couple of years...
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Week 8 ~ 2 months
"Nursery Crimes"... That's what Shaun and I have been singing lately. Do you think that between the two of us that we can remember how the nursery rhymes go? No. It also seems that we conflict over a couple of them as Victorians sang some of the words/lines a little different to us Queenslanders. So when @ the shopping centre on the weekend, Shaun purchased a mini book set of some of the more popular ones. To his amazement when he took the wrapping off at home & flicked through, they were also different to what we both knew. I'm sure down the track when Xander comes back from childcare they will have some real dooseys that will puzzle the heck out of us. So I think we'll just continue to fill in the mystery lines with "la-la-la-de-dah" until Xander can set us straight in a couple of years...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment