Last Thursday seems like an eternity ago. My water broke at 8.30am while at Carindale shopping centre, I went home & phoned the midwife who told me to get my hospital gear together and come on in. Shaun had already been at work for an hour and got every red light on the way back to pick me up. We arrived at the hospital with no contractions in sight, as they may decide to start in 12 hours time when I'm overtied and not so eager to push. We all decided to get me onto a drip and induce the contractions. Within half an hour the contractions started. I battled with them for 3 hours in several positions & locations around my birthing suite. The midwife decided to check to see how far along I was and to everyones surprise I was fully dilated. As my obstetrician decided that it would be a fabulous idea to take a weeks holiday (grrrr) a lovely Irish lady stood in as my obstetrician. An hour of pushing baby around the "S" bend was difficult as he came out facing the ceiling and not the floor as normal. I had been incubating a healthy baby boy! He was placed onto my chest straight away for skin to skin contact while they delivered the placenta. Shaun & I were so overwhelmed. It IS truly miraculous. Taking Xander home was lovely & we contintue to learn more and more about this little person who has come into the world.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Week 1
Last Thursday seems like an eternity ago. My water broke at 8.30am while at Carindale shopping centre, I went home & phoned the midwife who told me to get my hospital gear together and come on in. Shaun had already been at work for an hour and got every red light on the way back to pick me up. We arrived at the hospital with no contractions in sight, as they may decide to start in 12 hours time when I'm overtied and not so eager to push. We all decided to get me onto a drip and induce the contractions. Within half an hour the contractions started. I battled with them for 3 hours in several positions & locations around my birthing suite. The midwife decided to check to see how far along I was and to everyones surprise I was fully dilated. As my obstetrician decided that it would be a fabulous idea to take a weeks holiday (grrrr) a lovely Irish lady stood in as my obstetrician. An hour of pushing baby around the "S" bend was difficult as he came out facing the ceiling and not the floor as normal. I had been incubating a healthy baby boy! He was placed onto my chest straight away for skin to skin contact while they delivered the placenta. Shaun & I were so overwhelmed. It IS truly miraculous. Taking Xander home was lovely & we contintue to learn more and more about this little person who has come into the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment