Friday, February 03, 2006

Jan 2006 Week 5

OK, I’ve decided to start writing a pregnancy journal - my journey through the changes in my brain & body.

Yesterday when I started ringing around to the obstetricians for a breakdown in cost, they would ask me when I was due / how many weeks I was. When they knew I was due in August I was promptly told that ‘sorry, we’ve closed our books for that month & not accepting any more patients’. So I went straight to Bub Hub to the online forum to get some suggestions from mothers who have had their first, second or third on who they reccomend. 6 phone calls later Dr Douglas Keeping was the Finalist.

:: Comments from Bub Hub forum about Dr. Douglas Keeping. ::

‘We've been seeing Dr. Doug Keeping on Wickham Tce. He operates out of the Mater Hospital and has been fantastic. Very professional but not cold or aloof. My wife is really comfortable with him and from my perspective this was the most important aspect of finding an OB. Another consideration is, of course fees, Dr. keeping has a no gap policy and no exorbitant "booking fee". We've heard nothing but glowing reports from others and his office staff are very helpful and pleasant.’

‘Another thumbs up for Dr. Doug Keeping on Wickham Tce. He delivers at the Mater Private. He always has a smile on his face .. he is so gentle and I've only heard EXCELLENT reports! He has been delivering babies for a VERY long time and knows quite allot, he also does IVF. I look forward to all my appointments with him and I can't wait for him to deliver our little girl.’

‘Just want to add another plug for Dr Doug Keeping. I know many people who have gone to him and not heard one complaint. I can't recommend him highly enough!’

So I have booked in for roughly my 12th week at his office @ Wickham Tce - Wednesday 22nd Feb @ 11.20am. They have already pre-warned me to phone before hand just incase he has had to dash out for a delivery!
I am very pleased that my friend from school is 17 Weeks pregnant. Tanya Morely - she is going to make such a great fun loving mum!


Just 2 nights ago I convinced Shaun that I had had enough - my belly button ring was coming out! He got the pliers out and he prized it apart & the ball bearing popped out! Too easy.

Must say that I am rather tired of making up excuses and having ‘can I get you a wine’ when we go to peoples places. It has been an mindful challenge not to eat seafood too, I’m not very good at thinking up excuses as to why I suddenly can’t eat it! Joyous will be the day when they will know why (and consciously back off & not offer me alcohol!) I can’t wait till we tell our parents, they’re going to burst! We’ve decided to make a pact that only when we know that everything is OK and we’ve had our first scan that we’ll let every one know. It just takes the edge off.

The last couple of days I have noticed pains in by boobs more and more. I also have been getting the odd headache. And don’t forget the ‘forgetfulness!’ ‘Baby brain strikes again’ - that’s my motto when I really do something goofy. Its amazing. What I attempt to put in the fridge these days is quite amusing.

Lauren, my supervisor, has just a discovered in her 2006 stationary diary for work that it contains a ‘breeding calendar’ for all sorts of animals. Crazy....

No comments: